Phantom Pro-MAM CESM is used to assess image quality in spectral (dual energy) mammography systems with contrast enhancement.
The basic element of the phantom is a 10 mm plate made of breast material in a 50/50ratio of glandular and fat tissue. There are two groups of iodine-doped objectswith a concentration of 0.2, 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0 mg / cm3. These concentrations cover the clinical range of contrast agent concentrations. Additionally, in each group, there is an object simulating a solid lesion with a density corresponding to the glandular tissue.
Below the board, there is a module symmetrically divided into 2 parts. One of them is made of a material equivalent to 100% glandular tissue, and the other is 100% adipose tissue. Thanks to this, it is possible to assess the visibility of contrasting objects in a wide range of background densities.
- CESM routine quality control
- Assessment of the quality of subtracted images
- Contains iodine concentrations in a clinically relevant range
- Represents types of breasts with the majority of glandular tissue or fat tissue
- Object visibility assessment is similar to clinical conditions
Technical data (can be modified to customer specifications):
- phantom thickness: 55 mm
- the outer layers (top and bottom) are the equivalent of 10 mm thick adipose tissue
- the middle layer, 25 mm thick, consists of half of a material that simulates adipose tissue and half of a material that simulates glandular tissue
- a module with a thickness of 10 mm contains 2 groups of test objects
- complies with:
- Klausz, R, et al. Introduction of a Comprehensive Phantom for the Quality Control of Contrast Enhanced Spectral Mammography. 2018. Poster No.: ECR 2018, DOI: 10.1594/ ecr2018/C-2647
- CE certified
- the manual provides detailed guidelines for carrying out each test, results assessment and registration