The Phantom designed for a simple and cost effective verification of image alignment and distortion in hybrid scanning systems like PET/CT or NM/CT. It consists of a cylinder that can be filled with a variety of fluids. Several non-parallel rods of varying diameter and at certain angles in relation to the phantom’s axes run the entire length of the cylinder. Images produced with different modalities allow quick and simple identification of misalignments on fused studies.
Additionally, the phantom contains 2 cm calibration module that is used by Diagnomatic software to accurately identify the phantom’s position in space and accurately calculate any mismatches.
Technical data (can be modified to customer specifications):
- PMMA cylinder dimensions: 250 x 260 x 410 mm
- 20 mm thick calibration section with four through holes
- 4 PMMA rods: 30, 25, 20, 15 mm in diameter
- filling plugs and vent ports
- carrying handle
- complies with:
- AAPM Report No. 22 - Rotating Scintillation Camera SPECT Acceptance Testing and Quality Control
- CE certified
- the manual provides detailed guidelines for carrying out each test, results assessment and registration